www.melaniedavisphd.comNOWA member since 1995
Melanie Davis, PhD, will help you reach healthcare professionals and consumers with expertly crafted marketing communications materials, resources and programming related to sexuality and sexual health.
Her unique blend of experience includes marketing, journalism, sexuality education and sexuality counseling. Her expertise enables you to reach professional and consumer markets effectively and sensitively. She writes and teaches about topics ranging from HPV vaccines and contraceptives to sexual pleasure, products, and dysfunction. Her specialties include physician-patient communication, sexuality and aging, intimacy, self-esteem and body image, sexual decision making, sexuality and cancer, and sexuality and menopause.
Dr. Davis can help you create accurate, accessible content by serving as a creator, developmental editor, or critical reader. In addition, she is a gifted trainer who can help you and your team become more comfortable and confident when working on sexuality-related projects.
Dr. Davis has 35 years of experience in marketing communications and journalism plus 17 years as a sexuality educator. She holds both an MEd and PhD in Human Sexuality Education and is nationally recognized as a leading educator, trainer, speaker and curriculum developer. Her commitment to continuing education ensures that your communications will be accurate, timely, and market-savvy.
Her work has been published in newspapers, regional magazines, and peer-reviewed texts including The Art of Sex Therapy Supervision; Sex After: Women Share How Intimacy Changes As Life Changes; How I Got Into Sex…Ed; The Encyclopedia of Sex and Sexuality: Understanding Biology, Psychology, and Culture; and the forthcoming Sexuality Leadership, Empowerment, and Consultation. She is the author of Our Whole Lives Sexuality Education for Older Adults and co-authored Sexuality and Our Faith: Companion to Our Whole Lives Grades 7-9 (2nd ed.).
Dr. Davis holds the Certified Sexuality Counselor (CSC), Educator (CSE), and Educator Supervisor (CSES) designations from the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT). She is an adjunct professor of human sexuality courses at Widener University.
- “7 Sex Educators Who Are Totally Rocking it,” refinery29.com
- Health and Wellness Education and Awareness Award nominee, “Kamasutra,” Safer Sex for Seniors campaign, Lions Health Awards
- Emerging Professional Award, Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality
- History Leadership Award, Somerset County Cultural and Heritage Commission, Video Production (Team Award)
- JASPER Gold Award for Excellence in Writing, Brochure Category, Jersey Shore Advertising and Public Relations Association
- Certificate of Excellence, Booklets & Brochures, Art Directors Club of New Jersey
- Outstanding Woman in Somerset County: Journalism, Somerset Co. Commission on the Status of Women
- Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition for Outstanding and Invaluable Service to the Community, NJ 12th District Representative Michael Pappas
- Small Business Advocate of the Year: Media, US Small Business Administration – Newark Division
- Senate Citation for Journalism, New Jersey 16th Legislative District
- First Place, Black and White Brochure, North Jersey Ad Club